This looks like a great web site: BugMeNot.com
It has a database of passwords for other sites so you don't have to register for them!
This is cool - photo sets of film found in old cameras that was never developed. Here is one:
Expressing opinion as "good citizenship"
HSPA 63% writing
messy writing may affect grade because of people only getting $12/hr reading hundreds of papers. (Neatness should not count because it is not on the rubric~! are you saying there is a subjective component?...)
AYP % is going up yearly...see chart - benchmark for 2013-2014 is 100%.....
Activity - Story Map Picture Prompt
This is the photo we were given, from Southern Regional ETTC ...
Activity - Strengthening Vocabulary
Activity - Four Square Writing
Planning an Essay
1. I disagree with the proposal to extend the school day for all students. Students that perform poorly on standardized tests should have the school day lengthened, however.
2. Students and teachers would experience fatigue and loss of focus. There would be diminishing returns as the hours went on.
3. Sports team practice would be limited. Participation in sports has been shown to increase academic achievement and the ability for a child to work as a team. Team sports improves the overall motivation and atmosphere in a school, hence the academic achievement is positively affected.
4. Money to pay the teachers and staff may not be in place. School budgets are already stretched. Teacher contracts would continue to not attract the best people if money to pay teachers was not present.
5. This proposal is unrealistic if applied to all students. However, extra instruction and individualized tutoring should be offered for students that are at risk of failure on tests or in subject areas.
Roz Auerbach's Class Materials - lots of links for HSPA writing
Read Write Think.org - lots of good resources
(great picture prompt photo from Time pic of the day)